Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Bon Odori!

It's July 16th! It's Bon Odori day!
Tho I'm already on my 21th now, I've never went to Bon Odori before... probably because I was a emo lonely freak before thus no one invited me
Still, many thanks to a old friend that invited me to the festival... I'll probably spend the day at home scratching my butt or something :x

ANYWAY.
I took a nice picture in the middle of the road :D

whoever guessed where this is shall be rewarded

ANYWAY #2
I departed by 3 and reached Shah Alam by 7pm. Traffic jams are everywhere @ Bukit Jalil due to the burning football heat x)
Did i mentioned parking is a total chaos over there? I managed to get a parking somewhere around that area... with a 30 minute on-foot-traveling to our destination T.T

ANYWAY #3
The gangs!! 
Although I've planned to rendezvous with some of my mates there... but the crowd are just too packed for me to search for people in there...

bunch of first-timers :D

japanese ninja in casual wear
The best part is the traditional dance they held before they end that festival, you don't really get to see people dancing together in a so-almost-syncronized manner... not even in the clubs :'D

So, what I've learned in this Bon Odori trip was...
The whole thing about this festival is selling overpriced food, drinks and ice-cream, ending it with a dance. With some people wearing kimonos! You don't get to see them near KL or whatnot everyday :)


Alas.
It was a fun thing to do.
Cheers :D


1 comment:

  1. Ooooo u went with May Kheng they all isit~ Hahaha... we could've met up then~ But in the end May Kheng said lost or sthn? xD

    But seriously hard to believe its ur 1st time going lo!! I thought u'd be thr every year before even I knew of the existence of Bon Odori!! :P

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments.